Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Well, hello there friends! This past week was one long week. It quickly went from normalcy to hectic. The college I attend has this thing called Interregnum--where all students participate in a school-wide competition. We stop school for three days for the houses to compete against each other. (The houses are kind of like sororities or fraternities, but much different. You see, this isn't Greek life. We have houses like, the House of C.S. Lewis and the House of Susan B. Anthony. I'm in the House of Margaret Thatcher--in case you were curious!) 

The competitions consist of performing arts, art, debate, speeches, etc. It's a really complicated and confusing system that I'm still trying to figure out. Regardless, interregnum is a lot of fun, but it can be really draining if your participating or helping out in a handful of the events. For example, at one point during the week, I may or may not have fallen asleep underneath a office desk.

Anyway, without this getting too detailed, there was a celebration get-together afterward in my apartment on Friday night. I realized that I didn't have snacks--and well, snacks are always a necessity. So I resorted to my go to recipe-- the original Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies. In between baking batches, I just pop the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge (to let the flavors marry a bit and to make cookie forming easier.) I personally think cookies taste better if the dough has chilled in the fridge overnight. Try it sometime! These cookies are wicked quick, easy, and nearly foolproof. They're truly perfect and scrumptious for any occasion. Certainly not a crumby choice. 

The recipe also makes a ton of cookies and they're great for breakfast!  



Ingredients: 

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. package) chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (the cookies taste good with or without the nuts!)  

Instructions: 
  1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
  2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. 
  3. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. 
  4. Eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 



7 comments:

  1. Do you do delivery!? Im paying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost forgot to comment, too busy wanting to eat what's in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look delicious! There is nothing better than a classic chocolate chip cookie :) I just wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog! Your comment was super sweet and it meant a lot to me. I'll be checking your blog out from now on :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Same to you! Best wishes! :)

      Delete
  4. As I am reading your post I swear I can smell them baking!You are an amazing baker/cook with wonderful ideas and so creative. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love you too! I may just be calling you in a couple of weeks for your biscotti recipe! :)

      Delete