Friday, April 17, 2015

The Weekly Arrangement 4.10.2015

The Weekly Arrangement 4.10.2015

Greetings again! So I happen to be a bit behind on the weekly arrangement. I apologize for that. But, I was surrounded by so many flowers last week--it was great. So I have many things to share with you. As I mentioned in my last post, last week was interregnum. One of the competitions I helped out with was 3-Hour Art. Pretty self-explanatory. Make an art piece in three hours with the required medium of paint and a canvas. What was the theme, you ask? I Corinthians 15:55. "Where, O death, is your victory? Where O death, is your sting?" (P.S. I go to a Christian school, hence the Bible verse theme.) It was very open ended, but here is the process to our final product. And yes, those are all fresh flowers. 

Featuring: daffodils, pink roses, green mums, baby daisies, and yellow mums. 


Featuring: Far left- mums, daffodils, roses, daisies, carnations. Center- hydrangeas, baby's breath. Far right- ferns, purple and blue dyed daisies. 




In case you ever need to know how to remove a rose head from the stem...
Step 1. Gently hold the head in your left hand. 
Step 2. Place your right thumb on the stem/base of the flower.
Step 3. Twist the base while holding the head in place. The flower's center will come out of the base. Careful, the seeds will make a mess!
Step 4. Voila! You now have a handful of beautiful rose petals. 


Featuring: The name of the house that I'm in--The House of Margaret Thatcher. 


Featuring: super glue. It's pretty super. But let me tell you, that was one sticky situation. I still have super glue on my fingernails. 


The final product and the description beneath. 

In 1 Corinthians, Paul asks us to consider the seed: the fruit does not look like the seed from which it grew. Man is like the seed- "Born in weakness," and transformed to Christ's image, so he can see Christ's glory, unlike the Israelites who did not see Christ's glory, "lest [they] die" (Ex. 20: 19). Through the death of the new Adam, the new law (Jer. 31:31) is alive in man's heart, rather than dead in stone. A new creation is inaugurated through Christ's suffering and victory. 



That's part of the team/some of my good frands, hard at work. (Pun intended.)

No comments:

Post a Comment